Our Waterways Make Life Special at Callawassie Island
Our Waterways Make Life Special
Living and Playing on the Water
Cross the causeway to Callawassie Island and you’re sure to agree: The beauty of the Lowcountry begins with its waterways. Winding rivers and creeks, vast stretches of salt-marsh, and the daily swing of high and low tides encourage you to draw a deep breath and relax. But sweeping views and island living will energize you too, so that you’re ready to fully enjoy:
- abundant recreation on our surrounding waterways–the Colleton and Okatie Rivers and the Chechessee Creek
- terrific gathering places like The River Club and four comunity docks
- kayaking (especially with our Kayaking Club, one of the largest in the state)
- shrimping, crabbing, boating and other traditional Lowcountry pursuits
- inshore fishing in rivers, tidal creeks, and our island’s freshwater ponds
- deepwater access from the River Club to the Intracoastal Waterway and to the Atlantic Ocean through Port Royal Sound
- homes and homesites with river, marsh and tidal creek views–the kind of properties becoming increasingly difficult to find in the Lowcountry.
In addition, Callawassie Islanders enjoy 27 holes of Tom Fazio golf, a clubhouse, tennis courts, a fitness center and the pleasures of daily life in a certified Community Wildlife Habitat.
Callawassie Island offers homes from the $300s to above $1 million, homesites from the $20s. Waterfront properties are available and offer some of the best values in the area.
This Sunday, October 4 – Noon until 3:00 p.m.
See 8 outstanding Callawassie Island homes!