Learn about the Nation’s Best Senior Living Communities
Senior living communities offer peace of mind, a sense of community, and an easy lifestyle that many find appealing in retirement. If you’re curious about what a senior living community could offer to you, read on to explore the benefits and options available across the country.
Why choose a senior living community?
Senior living communities are just as diverse as the people living in them! You'll find that some offer more group activities, while others offer built-in health care. Some serve delicious meals, while others organize events with neighbors. Everyone has a different reason for choosing to live in a senior living community.
What are the benefits of a senior living community?
From game night to tasty meals, top-line health care to home cleaning services, there are so many reasons people opt to stay in a senior living community. Read on to learn the benefits that people find when they choose this lifestyle. Then consider if it might suit you, too.
- Ease of living: Many senior living communities offer services that make life simpler—from lawn care and landscaping for your condo, to home cleaning services for your apartment or patio home.
- Amenities: You’ll often find amenities of all sorts in a senior living community. Pools, hot tubs, tennis courts, golf courses...there are ample activities that are suited to your lifestyle.
- Sense of community: There’s always a friend around the corner when you’re in a senior living community. Whether you’re looking to grab a morning cup of coffee or take a stroll with a neighbor, many find that friendships blossom in senior living communities.
- Health care options: If you’re seeking somewhere you can get peace of mind, a senior living community is probably for you. Some offer health and wellness services on site so you can rest easy that you’ll be taken care of.
- Accessibility: You’ll find buildings and amenities designed for easy accessibility: well-paved sidewalks, wheelchair access, and plenty of lighting that make everyday activities feel safe and comfortable.
- Privacy: Don’t worry about loud noises, heavy traffic, or crowds. Senior living communities are designed for peace, privacy, and serenity.
- Activities: Whether you’re a chess fan or a pickleball pro, you’ll often find that senior living communities have organized clubs for any sort of hobby you love to take part in.
Ready to find your ideal senior living community?
There are plenty of senior living communities you can choose from across the U.S. Take your time exploring the options below. You might opt for somewhere with great weather like the southeast, or maybe you’ll pick somewhere close to family and friends. The options are there, all you need to do is choose your favorite.
When you see some senior living communities that look interesting to you, use the information request form to contact a local representative from each. You can ask questions about the community, chat with someone living there, and get a feel for the amenities it provides. You can even get specifics like health care options, clubs and activities offered, and the general atmosphere of the destination.
If you’re seeking a certain town or area, try using the filtering options on the left to narrow down your options and find the senior living community that’s perfect for you.
Research and Explore the Best Senior Living Communities
Plan your visit
Get the community, ease, and peace of mind you’ve been waiting for. Explore the senior living communities below to get a taste of the best options out there. There are plenty of options across the country—but don’t let that hold you back from finding what’s right for you. Select a few options, plan a visit, and get to know the place you could soon call home.