Gated Communities in Texas
What Makes Texas's Premier Gated Communities Ideal
If you haven’t heard, everything in Texas is gigantic—and that includes the appeal of this state as your retirement destination or second home location. Texas has a rich western heritage and a colorful, unique history. Between exciting cities, luxurious resort towns, and the rugged outdoors, there’s something for everyone. Known for its grandeur, Texas also hosts some of the best gated communities designed for those seeking luxury, security, and vibrant culture.
Defining Features of Gated Living in Texas
- Luxury Amenities: From state-of-the-art fitness centers, private golf courses, to exquisite clubhouses, gated communities provide facilities that cater to diverse interests and hobbies.
- A Close-Knit Community: Form lasting connections with like-minded neighbors. The exclusivity promotes community events, gatherings, and shared moments, enriching social lives.
- Lush Landscapes and Pristine Environments: These gated communities prioritize beautifully landscaped environments, allowing residents to reconnect with nature without leaving their sanctuary.
- Privacy and Security: One of the prime benefits, each of these gated communities provides security, ensuring privacy and peace of mind. With controlled access, residents enjoy a serene environment, free from external disturbances.
Why Relocate to Texas?
Let’s start with the geographical landscape. Whether you’re exploring desert badlands, catching rays along the coastline, hiking lush mountains, or taking in prairie views, there’s a wealth of natural beauty to appreciate. You’ll also find cities bustling with culture, entertainment, good eats, shopping—the list goes on. Some hot spots include:
- The Dallas Arts District – Here you’ll find the Dallas Museum of Art, showcasing a global collection and special exhibitions throughout the year. At the Perot Museum of Nature and Science, you can explore everything from dinosaur fossil skeletons to gems and minerals and enjoy other special events and programs. Catch a show at the Dallas Theater Center, take in the sounds of a symphony at the Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center, embark on the Texas Sculpture Walk, and so much more.
- Houston – The city itself is brimming with activity, but most notably, it’s home to the Space Center Houston, NASA’s Mission Control. Visit the Sam Houston Park for a trip back in time, or explore the popular Museum District, where you’ll find 19 world-class institutions.
- Big Bend National Park – From sightseeing to hiking, horseback riding to camping, there is an abundance to see and do in this park. The river, desert, and mountains are all within the 800,000-acre attraction.
- Austin – The state capital is also known for its live music scene, with big nods to country, blues, and rock genres. But music aside, you’ll want to explore the many unique attractions that make this city one of a kind.
- San Antonio River Walk – A fun way to navigate the city, the river walk offers access to shopping, dining, sightseeing, and more. You can stroll by foot and find the treasures of San Antonio on your own, or take a guided tour on a river barge. Whether you end up at a historical site like the Alamo or in a restaurant enjoying good food al fresco is up to you.
Life in Texas's Best Gated Communities
Although summers tend to be hot and humid, warm weather seekers will appreciate the mild winters. Overall, the climate is favorable year-round. Texas also has a low cost of living and has no income tax. This means that retirement income, including Social Security benefits, pension income, and retirement account income are not taxed, so your dollar can go farther.
Research and Explore the Best Communities in Texas
Click to explore the following Texas communities. Request information from multiple communities by selecting the checkboxes to the right and completing the form below.
Experience Texas with Ideal Living
Considering a transition to gated community living in Texas? Options like active senior communities and 55+ communities give you the perfect place to settle down, complete with the resort living lifestyle you’re after. If you’re curious, set up some time to visit a community that catches your eye. Try it on for a weekend. See if it fits. Then, you’ll know for sure that the Lone Star State offers you the big things you want for this time of your life.