National Relaxation Day … Just Sit Back and Relax
These days, there are more and more holidays that pop up on our calendars. Some make us laugh, some make us roll our eyes, and some are the traditional holidays that we have grown to love over the years. But one holiday that’s made its way into our calendars is National Relaxation Day (a.k.a August 15).
We know that relaxation should be a part of every day, but sometimes that just doesn’t happen. In our modern world, stress seems to be part of our every day lives. From a health perspective, we know that all of the stress can be harmful to our physical and mental health. So when there’s a day recognizing relaxation, what more can you do but sit back, take a deep breath, and relax?
Here are five things to do to get relaxed.
- Yoga – Many people find the practice of yoga to be extremely relaxing. Matching the movements of the poses with your breathing helps bring you to center, and relaxes you entirely—mind, body, and soul. Some people do it early in the morning with lighted candles and classical music. Others find that a beach yoga session is most relaxing. Not matter where you like to do yoga, it’s a good choice when it comes to being relaxed.
- Spa Day – What is more relaxing than being pampered? It could be as simple as getting your nails done, or going in for the full-body massage. There’s just something about wearing a big fluffy robe and drinking mimosas while your feet soak in warm water.
- Reading a Book – For the avid reader, there is nothing better than curling up in a comfy chair and stuffing your nose in a good book. There’s something relaxing in the mere idea of being transported to another world through the pages of a novel. You could get lost for hours, and sometimes that’s exactly what you need to relax.
- Wine Tour – Maybe sipping on a glass of good wine with friends or family is the ultimate way to relax. Consider taking a wine tour at a local winery, and enjoy the peacefulness that envelopes a vineyard and winery.
- Stroll on the Beach – For many, nothing sums up relaxing than a lazy day at the beach. Hearing the seagulls call and the waves hit the shore is one of the best tunes to relax to. It’s especially nice on a summer evening when the beach crowd has gone in for the night, and it’s just you and your husband or wife, the ocean breeze, and the waves tickling your toes as you walk along the shore.
However it is that you find your zen, today is the perfect day to do it.