Discover Latin American Retirement Communities
Luxury resort and retirement communities in Belize, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Mexico and Panama are not only for retirees. In fact, they're also ideal destinations for those who want to relocate and continue to work remotely from their new upscale Latin America communities.
Why choose to live in a Latin American community?
Have you long dreamed of living in a seaside home or condominium where the days are always sunny? And where you can play golf, go fishing or hike a wilderness trail anytime you want? And where the living costs are low, but the quality of local healthcare is high? And perhaps most importantly, where real estate prices are very affordable and tax breaks are offered to those who make the move? That dream is a reality in modern Latin American retirement and residential communities
What are the benefits of living in a Latin American community?
- Belize. English is the official national language in Belize, where new resort and retirement communities have been built in recent years along the beautiful Caribbean oceanfront. Best of all for new residents age 45 and older, Belize does not tax any income from sources outside of the country. Exploring ancient Mayan temples and and sport fishing around the many offshore islands are popular year-round activities.
- Costa Rica. In addition to being Central America's oldest democracy, Costa Rice has a thriving economy and a world-class healthcare system. Cell-phone and Internet connections are fast and reliable, which is especially appreciated by remote workers who don't pay local income taxes on their first $100,000 earned from foreign sources. Costa Rica's model national park system includes hiking trails along unspoiled Pacific beaches, through lush rain-forests and up to cool mountain peaks.
- Ecuador. The South American nation of Ecuador is an emerging resort and retirement destination with a long Pacific Ocean coastline, plus mountains, jungles and the famous Galapagos Islands to explore. Significantly for many new residents, Ecuador offers the region's most affordable lifestyle, including low property taxes, food costs and healthcare expenses.
- Mexico. Like the Riviera Maya on Mexico's Caribbean coast, the Los Cabos region on the country's Pacific oceanfront is home to luxurious resort and retirement communities. The year-round comfortable climate, generally low living costs, high-quality healthcare services and access to top-flight recreational amenities make the Mexican Pacific coast an attractive lifestyle destination for retirees and remote workers.
- Panama. With wide beaches on the Caribbean Sea and the Pacific Ocean, plus a famous canal through rain-forests and highlands in between, Panama features resort and retirement in a variety of locations. Healthcare is very good and affordable, while living costs are low, especially for utilities, food and the delicious locally grown coffee. Importantly for remote workers, Panama City is an international hub of cultural and business activities.
Research and Explore Latin American Communities
Click to explore the following Latin American communities. Request information from multiple communities by selecting the checkboxes to the right and completing the form below.
Montejo Plaza is located in Merida, the safest city in Mexico. It’s surrounded by lush vegetation, cenotes, and first-world facilities and attractions nearby including: restaurants, malls, movie theaters, and world-class hospitals are minutes away. The ocean is only a 15 minute drive and for your pleasure, Montejo Plaza condos include a private beach club for its residents.
To learn more give us a call at +52 998 874 2135 we will be happy to answer all your questions.
Lucero is located in the “La Estrella” suburb of Boquete (valley of the flowers) in the Province of Chiriqui, which is Panama’s southwestern-most province, immediately next to Costa Rica”s southern border.
Also known as a Paradise in the Sky, Lucero is the perfect property to retire and to find a second home. You can choose from our Duplex Villa, our Townhomes, or our condos, each or them will be designed with attention to detail and keeping you preferences in mind. With us you will find a place to disconnect from the world and get lost in nature.
The property is 15 to 20 minutes by car from Boquete and about 45 to 50 minutes by car from David, the capital of Panama’s Chiriqui Province.
In Lucero you will find a challenging world class par-72 golf course designed by J. Michael Poellot at 3,600 feet above sea level. Not only is it the best in the country, but also the only one with 360 views that will blow your mind.
Besides that you will find classic clay tennis courts, with everything you might need to play. After practicing your favorite sport, you can take a dip in our infinity pool and our jacuzzi while you enjoy the view surrounding our whole Club House.
Belize is as romantic and charming as it sounds. And, Ambergris Caye, is indeed the cream of the crop. The island is considered the #1 tourist and retirement destination in Belize and is one of the top retirement destinations in all of the Caribbean and Central America .
While Belize feels like that dreamy place you could never actually live, buying in Belize has never been more affordable, or more accessible.
The land title system in Belize is very similar to that of the UK, USA or Canada. There are no restrictions on foreign land ownership, and
there are plenty of English speaking lawyers ready to help you with your property purchase.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax, and property taxes are a fraction of what they are in Canada or USA.
Asset protection through creation of IBC (International Business Company) is very similar to the British Virgin Islands or The Bahamas. You may open an offshore bank account effectively protecting your assets from Tax Authorities and litigation.
And, Belize has an excellent retiree program. Under Belize’s Qualified Retired Persons program, buyers over 45 are eligible for tax benefits, including exemptions on retirement income. When moving to Belize, qualified retirees can import motor vehicles, boats, aircraft, and personal effects, duty free. For details visit www.belizeretirement.org or call 1 (832) 848-2812.
Anah Tulum Bahia Principe is a beautiful resort-style gated community sitting on 4.94 acres of Mayan jungle. It is an oasis where you can enjoy the Resort Living at its best since it is located within the Bahia Principe Hotel & Residential Complex. It offers exclusivity and security in a luxurious and elegant atmosphere.
Living in Anah Tulum provides you with the opportunity to enjoy the Caribbean Sea and the best resort activities surrounded by beautiful landscapes, which characterizes the Riviera Maya. Enjoy services and a high-level infrastructure which includes two golf courses designed by Robert Trent Jones II.
Our experience of more than 12 years designing, building, and selling in the Riviera Maya has allowed us to develop a residential complex where light plays a key role in which spacious areas translate into peace, comfort, and quality of life. The design of each space and every detail in Anah Tulum are carefully thought out to live in harmony with nature.
The community complex is finished so you can enjoy your dream home at the time of purchase.
Take advantage of the special offer for the Ideal Living Community in the last 11 townhomes, which are ready to move in and to sign the deed.
Learn More About Latin American Communities
Find out about the Latin American nations and residential communities that appeal to you by requesting more information below. You can connect with local experts who know all about the climate, lifestyle amenities and real-estate opportunities in the areas that are most interesting to you. Get the details on local passport/visa requirements and property-purchase rules. After doing your homework, plan a trip when you're ready to discover all that Latin American retirement, resort and residential communities have to offer.