Discover Latin American Retirement Communities
Luxury resort and retirement communities in Belize, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Mexico and Panama are not only for retirees. In fact, they're also ideal destinations for those who want to relocate and continue to work remotely from their new upscale Latin America communities.
Why choose to live in a Latin American community?
Have you long dreamed of living in a seaside home or condominium where the days are always sunny? And where you can play golf, go fishing or hike a wilderness trail anytime you want? And where the living costs are low, but the quality of local healthcare is high? And perhaps most importantly, where real estate prices are very affordable and tax breaks are offered to those who make the move? That dream is a reality in modern Latin American retirement and residential communities
What are the benefits of living in a Latin American community?
- Belize. English is the official national language in Belize, where new resort and retirement communities have been built in recent years along the beautiful Caribbean oceanfront. Best of all for new residents age 45 and older, Belize does not tax any income from sources outside of the country. Exploring ancient Mayan temples and and sport fishing around the many offshore islands are popular year-round activities.
- Costa Rica. In addition to being Central America's oldest democracy, Costa Rice has a thriving economy and a world-class healthcare system. Cell-phone and Internet connections are fast and reliable, which is especially appreciated by remote workers who don't pay local income taxes on their first $100,000 earned from foreign sources. Costa Rica's model national park system includes hiking trails along unspoiled Pacific beaches, through lush rain-forests and up to cool mountain peaks.
- Ecuador. The South American nation of Ecuador is an emerging resort and retirement destination with a long Pacific Ocean coastline, plus mountains, jungles and the famous Galapagos Islands to explore. Significantly for many new residents, Ecuador offers the region's most affordable lifestyle, including low property taxes, food costs and healthcare expenses.
- Mexico. Like the Riviera Maya on Mexico's Caribbean coast, the Los Cabos region on the country's Pacific oceanfront is home to luxurious resort and retirement communities. The year-round comfortable climate, generally low living costs, high-quality healthcare services and access to top-flight recreational amenities make the Mexican Pacific coast an attractive lifestyle destination for retirees and remote workers.
- Panama. With wide beaches on the Caribbean Sea and the Pacific Ocean, plus a famous canal through rain-forests and highlands in between, Panama features resort and retirement in a variety of locations. Healthcare is very good and affordable, while living costs are low, especially for utilities, food and the delicious locally grown coffee. Importantly for remote workers, Panama City is an international hub of cultural and business activities.
Research and Explore Latin American Communities
Click to explore the following Latin American communities. Request information from multiple communities by selecting the checkboxes to the right and completing the form below.
Montejo Plaza – Mexico
Montejo Plaza is a unique luxury community for retirees and active adults who want to enjoy the year-round sunny weather and everyday hospitality of life on Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula.
The garden-style condominium homes and penthouses at Montejo Plaza are available in a choice of four spacious floor plans. The two- and three-bedroom models offer wide balconies with sweeping views and access to the rooftop garden terrace with a pool and lounge. Additional amenities include a complete fitness center and courts for tennis and pickleball.
Montejo Plaza is the area’s only residential community that features its own private beach club, a relaxing oasis on the oceanfront that’s just a 15-minute drive away. The nearby city of Merida is the capitol of the Yucatan state and is considered one of the safest places in Mexico. There you’ll find shopping centers, restaurants, theaters, museums, and top-rated medical facilities, while the surrounding countryside is a nature-lover’s paradise with hiking trails through the lush rainforest.
Request more information below to find out what you need to know about Montejo Plaza on Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula.
Red Frog Beach Island Real Estate – Panama
Part modern community, part natural playground, Red Frog Beach Island Resort is fulfilling a dream to create an island community that combines socially responsible values and a deep connection between nature and people, while reducing the intensity of our environmental footprint.
A hidden gem in Central America, with 1,500 acres of Isla Bastimentos, 5 miles (8km) of beachfront, Red Frog Beach Island Resort offers a secluded villa community, secluded jungle village, private beach club, full service IGY Marina, island spa, 8 miles of rainforest trails, island grocery and more.
The Mayan Garden – Belize
The Mayan Garden is an exclusive retirement community for residents age 50+, located in the English-speaking country of Belize, C.A., a perfect tax haven for retired expats. Our exclusive private community can only accept up to 24 residents to join and live within the 20-acre residential jungle garden property. We are immersed in a natural setting with access to many conveniences and amenities, offering our residents a very comfortable, easy-going yet higher quality of life. Our community is designed to offer residents an independent way of life with many benefits to service and assist in every way possible for enrichment, safety, health, convenience, adventure and relaxation. The Mayan Garden is family-owned with a mission is to Offer Affordable Retirement Housing With a Wholesome Enriching Lifestyle.
The community offers its residents an all-inclusive living rental package that includes their rent, utilities, room furnishing, housekeeping, Concierge, Security, Medical Faculty, Chef-prepared Meals, Classes, Weekly Events, Activities and many more on-site services. Our Amenities include an indoor pool, sauna, hot-tub, yoga studio, gym, and pet friendly walking trails.
Lucero Golf & Country Club – Panama
Lucero is a luxury retirement and residential community located in the beautiful highlands along Panama’s Pacific coast. If you’re seeking a more natural lifestyle in a tropical setting with premier amenities, Lucero could be your destination of choice.
The private Lucero Golf & Country Club features the region’s only championship golf course, a spectacular layout by designer Michael Poellot with ocean and mountain views from the bent grass fairways and greens. Additional Lucero clubhouse amenities include fine dining at the Seasons Restaurant, an outdoor deck with lounge surrounding the infinity pool, and a tennis center with clay courts.
Lucero homesites with sweeping views range from half an acre up to 2.4 acres in size. Single-family homes, duplex villas and spacious condominiums are also available. If you want to explore the Lucero lifestyle first, new riverside and fairway villas, as well as unique luxury treehouses, are now offered as rentals with upscale conveniences like high-speed Internet connections.
Best of all for those who want a greener lifestyle, the entire Lucero community has been designed to the highest environmental standards. Minimal tree removal, rainwater collection for irrigation and rooftop solar panels are all part of Lucero’s natural plan. The surrounding countryside is home to traditional farms that produce fruits, vegetables and the area’s signature coffee beans, while the adjacent Amistad National Park is a 500,000-acre protected tropical wilderness with hot springs and world-class hiking trails.
Request more information below and you’ll be taking your first steps on an adventure of a lifetime at Lucero.
Learn More About Latin American Communities
Find out about the Latin American nations and residential communities that appeal to you by requesting more information below. You can connect with local experts who know all about the climate, lifestyle amenities and real-estate opportunities in the areas that are most interesting to you. Get the details on local passport/visa requirements and property-purchase rules. After doing your homework, plan a trip when you're ready to discover all that Latin American retirement, resort and residential communities have to offer.