Discover Latin American Retirement Communities
Luxury resort and retirement communities in Belize, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Mexico and Panama are not only for retirees. In fact, they're also ideal destinations for those who want to relocate and continue to work remotely from their new upscale Latin America communities.
Why choose to live in a Latin American community?
Have you long dreamed of living in a seaside home or condominium where the days are always sunny? And where you can play golf, go fishing or hike a wilderness trail anytime you want? And where the living costs are low, but the quality of local healthcare is high? And perhaps most importantly, where real estate prices are very affordable and tax breaks are offered to those who make the move? That dream is a reality in modern Latin American retirement and residential communities
What are the benefits of living in a Latin American community?
- Belize. English is the official national language in Belize, where new resort and retirement communities have been built in recent years along the beautiful Caribbean oceanfront. Best of all for new residents age 45 and older, Belize does not tax any income from sources outside of the country. Exploring ancient Mayan temples and and sport fishing around the many offshore islands are popular year-round activities.
- Costa Rica. In addition to being Central America's oldest democracy, Costa Rice has a thriving economy and a world-class healthcare system. Cell-phone and Internet connections are fast and reliable, which is especially appreciated by remote workers who don't pay local income taxes on their first $100,000 earned from foreign sources. Costa Rica's model national park system includes hiking trails along unspoiled Pacific beaches, through lush rain-forests and up to cool mountain peaks.
- Ecuador. The South American nation of Ecuador is an emerging resort and retirement destination with a long Pacific Ocean coastline, plus mountains, jungles and the famous Galapagos Islands to explore. Significantly for many new residents, Ecuador offers the region's most affordable lifestyle, including low property taxes, food costs and healthcare expenses.
- Mexico. Like the Riviera Maya on Mexico's Caribbean coast, the Los Cabos region on the country's Pacific oceanfront is home to luxurious resort and retirement communities. The year-round comfortable climate, generally low living costs, high-quality healthcare services and access to top-flight recreational amenities make the Mexican Pacific coast an attractive lifestyle destination for retirees and remote workers.
- Panama. With wide beaches on the Caribbean Sea and the Pacific Ocean, plus a famous canal through rain-forests and highlands in between, Panama features resort and retirement in a variety of locations. Healthcare is very good and affordable, while living costs are low, especially for utilities, food and the delicious locally grown coffee. Importantly for remote workers, Panama City is an international hub of cultural and business activities.
Research and Explore Latin American Communities
Click to explore the following Latin American communities. Request information from multiple communities by selecting the checkboxes to the right and completing the form below.
The Riviera Maya is a dream vacation for many people, but for Anah Tulum owners, it’s an everyday reality. Sitting on nearly 5 acres of Mayan jungle abutting the sparkling Caribbean Sea, Anah Tulum Bahia Principe is a beautiful resort-style gated community that will sweep you away to paradise.
Located within the Bahia Principe Hotel & Residential Complex, Anah Tulum offers exclusivity and security in a luxurious and elegant atmosphere, allowing you to enjoy resort living at its best.
The townhomes that make up the Anah Tulum community are carefully designed for existing in harmony with their surroundings. Picture windows, sliding glass doors, patios, and plunge pools allow Mother Nature to be the incredible backdrop to life in the luxury townhomes. Inside, the modern design, with marble finishes and spacious rooms, takes advantage of the abundant natural light.
Being an owner at Anah Tulum comes with the services and infrastructure of the Bahia Principe Hotel & Residential Complex. In addition to a vacation rental program, an on-call doctor, and free transportation throughout the larger complex, residents can utilize all the amenities available to resort guests. A nearly mile-long beach, multiple pools and gyms, facilities for tennis, basketball, and soccer, and 27 holes of golf designed by Robert Trent Jones II will keep you outdoors and active. Over a dozen international restaurants and twenty bars provide plenty of options when you feel like indulging.
Just over an hour south of Cancun International Airport, living in Anah Tulum provides you with the opportunity to enjoy the stunning Riviera Maya with the convenience of luxury resort living. With fewer than a dozen townhomes left, be bold and take advantage of our special offer, exclusively for the ideal-LIVING community.
Montejo Plaza is a unique luxury community for retirees and active adults who want to enjoy the year-round sunny weather and everyday hospitality of life on Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula.
The garden-style condominium homes and penthouses at Montejo Plaza are available in a choice of four spacious floor plans. The two- and three-bedroom models offer wide balconies with sweeping views and access to the rooftop garden terrace with a pool and lounge. Additional amenities include a complete fitness center and courts for tennis and pickleball.
Montejo Plaza is the area’s only residential community that features its own private beach club, a relaxing oasis on the oceanfront that’s just a 15-minute drive away. The nearby city of Merida is the capitol of the Yucatan state and is considered one of the safest places in Mexico. There you’ll find shopping centers, restaurants, theaters, museums, and top-rated medical facilities, while the surrounding countryside is a nature-lover’s paradise with hiking trails through the lush rainforest.
Request more information below to find out what you need to know about Montejo Plaza on Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula.
Belize is as romantic and charming as it sounds. And, Ambergris Caye, is indeed the cream of the crop. The island is considered the #1 tourist and retirement destination in Belize and is one of the top retirement destinations in all of the Caribbean and Central America .
While Belize feels like that dreamy place you could never actually live, buying in Belize has never been more affordable, or more accessible.
The land title system in Belize is very similar to that of the UK, USA or Canada. There are no restrictions on foreign land ownership, and
there are plenty of English speaking lawyers ready to help you with your property purchase.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax, and property taxes are a fraction of what they are in Canada or USA.
Asset protection through creation of IBC (International Business Company) is very similar to the British Virgin Islands or The Bahamas. You may open an offshore bank account effectively protecting your assets from Tax Authorities and litigation.
And, Belize has an excellent retiree program. Under Belize’s Qualified Retired Persons program, buyers over 45 are eligible for tax benefits, including exemptions on retirement income. When moving to Belize, qualified retirees can import motor vehicles, boats, aircraft, and personal effects, duty free. For details visit www.belizeretirement.org or call 1 (832) 848-2812.
Lucero is a luxury retirement and residential community located in the beautiful highlands along Panama’s Pacific coast. If you’re seeking a more natural lifestyle in a tropical setting with premier amenities, Lucero could be your destination of choice.
The private Lucero Golf & Country Club features the region’s only championship golf course, a spectacular layout by designer Michael Poellot with ocean and mountain views from the bent grass fairways and greens. Additional Lucero clubhouse amenities include fine dining at the Seasons Restaurant, an outdoor deck with lounge surrounding the infinity pool, and a tennis center with clay courts.
Lucero homesites with sweeping views range from half an acre up to 2.4 acres in size. Single-family homes, duplex villas and spacious condominiums are also available. If you want to explore the Lucero lifestyle first, new riverside and fairway villas, as well as unique luxury treehouses, are now offered as rentals with upscale conveniences like high-speed Internet connections.
Best of all for those who want a greener lifestyle, the entire Lucero community has been designed to the highest environmental standards. Minimal tree removal, rainwater collection for irrigation and rooftop solar panels are all part of Lucero’s natural plan. The surrounding countryside is home to traditional farms that produce fruits, vegetables and the area’s signature coffee beans, while the adjacent Amistad National Park is a 500,000-acre protected tropical wilderness with hot springs and world-class hiking trails.
Request more information below and you’ll be taking your first steps on an adventure of a lifetime at Lucero.
Part modern community, part natural playground, Red Frog Beach Island Resort is fulfilling a dream to create an island community that combines socially responsible values and a deep connection between nature and people, while reducing the intensity of our environmental footprint.
A hidden gem in Central America, with 1,500 acres of Isla Bastimentos, 5 miles (8km) of beachfront, Red Frog Beach Island Resort offers a secluded villa community, secluded jungle village, private beach club, full service IGY Marina, island spa, 8 miles of rainforest trails, island grocery and more.
Learn More About Latin American Communities
Find out about the Latin American nations and residential communities that appeal to you by requesting more information below. You can connect with local experts who know all about the climate, lifestyle amenities and real-estate opportunities in the areas that are most interesting to you. Get the details on local passport/visa requirements and property-purchase rules. After doing your homework, plan a trip when you're ready to discover all that Latin American retirement, resort and residential communities have to offer.