Get to Know Kansas' Best Communities
Planning for your future? You can make a solid plan for your retirement in Kansas; home to the classic novel, “The Wizard of Oz,” and considered the breadbasket of the country. Kansas is full of places to visit, fun attractions, outdoor adventure spots. Make plans to experience the full range of what there is to see and do. See a buffalo up close, live like a cowboy for a day on a working cattle ranch or visit a stagecoach stop on the Sante Fe Trail. There are so many experiences you can have in this state in America’s heartland
Why live in a Kansas community?
Kansas has a lot to see. Discover a vibrant arts scene, delicious dining, family-friendly attractions and other essential Kansas experiences. The state has so much to offer, so soak up the culture and music then head outdoors to see what life is really like in the Sunflower State.
What are the benefits of living in Kansas?
From game night to tasty meals, top-line health care to home cleaning services, there are so many reasons people opt to stay in a senior living community. Read on to learn the benefits that people find when they choose this lifestyle. Then consider if it might suit you, too.
- Culture and music scene: Our arts and entertainment adventures give you a chance to dance and sing along or enjoy the quiet reflection. Festivals, theatres, music halls, museums, and galleries in Kansas bring the fun to any trip.
- Cities to choose from: Visit Kansas City, a college town like Manhattan or Lawrence or engaging places like Wichita, Dodge City and Salina.
- Mid-Western seasons: Kansas is in the southern US, but you’ll still get a crisp winter day occasionally. Grab a warm cup of morning tea in January, then take a relaxing warm walk in June.
- Low taxes: There are no local income taxes on wages in the state, making it a popular place to work and retire. The cost of living in this state is notably reasonable, like much of the Mid-West, so you’ll find your dollar goes a long way here.
- Nature abounds: for outdoor enthusiasts who enjoy hiking, biking, fishing, bird watching and other activities at all of Kansas’ three most popular parks: Cheney State Park near Wichita; Scott State Park near Scott City and Tuttle Creek State Park.
Ready to move to Kansas?
You’ll love the wide-open spaces and the opportunities to engage in a variety of one-of-a-kind experiences in this marvelous state, which has the largest segment of true tallgrass prairie remaining in the U.S.
Visit the Boot Hills Museum in Dodge City, dine on all-you-can-eat barbeque and hear songs of the American Cowboy at Diamond W Chuckwagon Supper in Wichita or explore the Dickinson County Heritage Center in Abilene, which has dance halls, gaming rooms and 32 saloons.
Research and Explore the Best Communities in Kansas
Click to explore the following Kansas communities. Request information from multiple communities by selecting the checkboxes to the right and completing the form below.
Plan your Kansas visit
If you're looking for a great Kansas road trip destination, you have come to the right place! Explore the Kansas communities to get a taste of the best options in the state for relocating and retiring. The easiest way to know if a place is right for you is to visit in person. Many communities will allow you to book a tour of the neighborhood or stay close by to explore. Select a few options, plan a visit, and get to know the place you could soon call home.