Explore the Nation’s Best Gated Communities
Gated communities provide an unmatched environment for residents—privacy, security, and, very often, a vibrant social life. Allowing residents to relax and enjoy amenities, beautiful landscaping, and activities with neighbors, gated communities provide peaceful surroundings for luxury living. With more than 25,000 gated communities in the United States, it’s not difficult to find the right community in a location you love.
What are the benefits of living in a gated community?
For those looking for luxury living, a sense of community, and amenities just out your front door, a gated community might be a perfect fit. There are many reasons people choose gated communities—read on.
- Security and privacy: With private roads and amenities for use exclusively by those living in the neighborhood and their guests, gated communities offer security and privacy to let residents live comfortably. Besides manned or unmanned entrance gates, many gated communities are equipped with various security systems and employ security personnel, all of which contributes to residents’ safety and peace of mind.
- Social activities: Whether one is looking to host friends in the clubhouse or walk the sidewalks with a neighbor each morning, gated communities provide ample opportunities for those looking to socialize.
- Amenities: Most gated communities offer amenities like pools, fitness rooms, tennis courts, golf courses, or boathouses, just to name a few.
- Reduced traffic and noise: With private roads, gated communities mean light traffic roads and reduced road noise - perfect for safe walking, biking, and generally calm surroundings.
- Family-friendly environment: For those with children or grandchildren, a gated community offers peace of mind with typically plenty of options for physical activity and room to explore for the whole family.
- Homes retain their value: Homeowners in gated communities are often drawn to them because they are known to keep their value over time.
Ready to begin your search?
We’ve hand selected the best gated communities across the United States and Caribbean for you to explore. You’ll find there are plenty of destinations to explore—which means there are options for everyone. Browse the gated communities below to get a taste of what’s available.
If you’re ready to learn more about a particular gated community, use the information request form to connect with a local expert. You can ask questions, find information on the location and surrounding area, and get a feel for the lifestyle. You can even inquire about specifics like HOA fees or home prices.
For those who already have a state or area you’re interested in, use the filtering options on the left to narrow down your options and find what’s right for you.
Research and Explore Gated Communities
Click to explore the following gated communities. Request information from multiple communities by selecting the checkboxes to the right and completing the form below.
Arenal Hills nestles in a fertile valley surrounded by rainforest and rivers. Homes are designed to showcase the panoramic views and forested setting surrounding the Arenal volcano. Two clubhouses will host multiple dining options. And the Springs Resort nearby offers more.
Only the finest materials are used in Arenal Hills homes, whether it’s the marble flooring imported from the mountains of Peru or the cascading two-story waterfall pools sculped by hand, Arenal Hills homes are designed to be instruments of timeless beauty for you and your family.
Owners of Arenal Hills homes are granted VIP access to the renowned Springs Resort and Spa, a world-class luxury resort located just a short drive away.
Arenal Hills stretches over 123 acres of magnificent volcano views that will leave you breathless. Stroll along the beautifully landscaped walking paths and you’ll encounter world-class home designs, luxurious amenities, and a breathtaking landscape surrounded by the peaceful sounds of nature. Arenal Hills is specifically designed to make owning a vacation home, second home, or retiring to the paradise of Costa Rica affordable yet luxurious.
Montejo Plaza is located in Merida, the safest city in Mexico. It’s surrounded by lush vegetation, cenotes, and first-world facilities and attractions nearby including: restaurants, malls, movie theaters, and world-class hospitals are minutes away. The ocean is only a 15 minute drive and for your pleasure, Montejo Plaza condos include a private beach club for its residents.
To learn more give us a call at +52 998 874 2135 we will be happy to answer all your questions.
There’s no better place than Lakewood Ranch to live the Florida lifestyle you’ve dreamed of.
Here, living healthy and well is as much about nourishing the body as it is the heart, mind and spirit. That’s why, in addition to incredible active recreation and best-in-class medical facilities, you’ll also find that access to nature, educational opportunities, community traditions and creative pursuits abound.
Our natural areas and common spaces connect to homes through trails and parks, that in turn connect to gathering areas like three town centers, a sports campus, Sarasota Polo Club and a farmers’ market.
And just beyond our backyard, you can enjoy the dynamic shopping district of University Town Center, Sarasota’s white sand beaches and arts scene, Tampa’s sport teams and entertainment, and quick access to four airports.
In fact, living at Lakewood Ranch offers so many of the elements believed to positively impact our wellbeing that it has been selected as the home for a landmark, multi-generational research initiative that will have global impact on brain health.
These are just some of the reasons why Ideal Living named Lakewood Ranch Best Health and Fitness Community, and why it is the country’s #1 best-selling community.
With more than 20 distinctive villages, Lakewood Ranch blends unique home choices with a community designed to support wellness in all aspects of life. New homes rrange include townhomes, attached villas, single-family homes and estates, with prices from the high $200s to over $1 million.
Come explore Florida’s favorite place to call home.
What to expect at The Ranch:
• More than 20 villages (2 are 55+)
• 3 town centers and multiple Publix-anchored neighborhood centers
• 150 miles of multi-surface trails
• 10,000+ acres of lakes, parks, and preserves
• 60+ clubs and groups
• Over 200 shops and eateries
• 8 community parks
• 162 holes of golf
• 32 courts for racquet sports
• A-rated schools & higher education campuses
• Sarasota Polo Club
• Farmers’ market
• Lakewood Ranch Golf & Country Club
• 22 fields at Premier Sports Campus
Ready to discover it? Great. Request more information below to receive discovery tour packages
and specials. You won’t know until you go!
David Weekley’s first 55+ active adult community is coming soon to the brand new, master-planned community of The Highlands! Located in Porter, TX, The Highlands is dedicated to everything you know and love about home and nature. The Highlands is a 2,300-acre exploration of natural beauty and will be built to take full advantage of its densely forested, national park-like setting. David Weekley’ section in The Highlands – Encore will feature 45- and 55-foot, single-story homesites along with top-quality construction, open-concept livability and a splendid Montgomery County location near shopping, dining and entertainment. In The Highlands, you’ll soon experience the best in Design, Choice and Service from one of Houston’s top home builders as well as a variety of amenities, including:
• Lifestyle Director to schedule activities
• 55+ clubhouse
• 18-hole golf course and tennis courts
• Hiking, biking and adventure trail system along the San Jacinto River
• Event lawn and pavilion, recreation field and playgrounds
• Acres of parks, greenspaces and onsite lakes for fishing and kayaking
• Waterpark with lazy river
Bay Creek – Your Perfect Day
This is an unprecedented waterfront living experience on Virginia’s Cape. With its ideal location on Virginia’s sought-after Eastern Shore, one of the most environmentally stunning areas in the United States with more than 78,000 acres of preserved parks, Bay Creek is natural sanctuary for premier coastal living.
Boating, birding, crabbing, fishing and paddling along the Chesapeake Bay are a way of life here. There is truly something for everyone on these 1,720 pristine acres: from those passionate about golf and outdoor activities year-round, to those looking to trade city life for the perfect beach town in Cape Charles – recently voted “Prettiest Little Beach Town in Virginia” by Coastal Living. A host of new and updated amenities has been re-imagined with the goal of making Bay Creek the premier coastal community on the East Coast.
– Private two-mile beach on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay
– Premier, award-winning golf from Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus
– Coach House Tavern
– 10,000 square-foot Bay Creek Life Center featuring weight and cardio areas, exercise studios, a kid’s club and two outdoor pools
– Watersports: sailing, kayaking, canoeing, yachting, windsurfing, water skiing, sport fishing, crabbing and more.
– 350 acre Nature Preserve with scenic trails for walking, jogging, and biking
– Base Camp, a family-focused outdoor adventure area featuring a kayak launch, camping areas, and lifelong learning
– Private gated entrance, staffed 24 hours a day
– New Lighthouse Beach Club (coming soon), to include a Beachside Restaurant, boardwalk and outdoor pool
– Town Harbor Marina (Cape Charles)-with a deepwater channel, within walking distance for homeowners
– Kings Bay Marina – adjacent to Bay Creek, offering a deepwater channel
Plan your visit
Pack your suitcase! From ocean to mountain and everything in between, you’ll find a gated community that’s right for you below—but the search isn’t complete until you’ve planned your visit. Many gated communities offer tours for newcomers and prospective buyers, so you can really get a feel for your neighborhood and the lifestyle that awaits you.