Discover the Nation's Best Coastal Communities
The sound of waves lulling you to sleep doesn’t have to be an experience reserved for vacation—for those living in coastal communities, it’s a way of life. If a walk on the beach, fishing, or a scenic boat ride sound like your ideal activity, buying a home in a coastal community could be the right choice for you.
Why choose a coastal community?
A relaxed pace of life combined with plenty of options for activity gives the coast a unique offering: you can always find the right pace for you. Paddle past an egret in the morning, catch a fish in the afternoon, or take a walk on the sand collecting seashells at dusk. There’s always something to do, but no pressure when you want to take it easy.
What are the benefits of living in a coastal community?
- Mild climate: The moderating effect of the ocean means that life by the coast is usually a little cooler in the summer and a little warmer in the winter, creating the ideal setting for those who love to spend their days outdoors.
- Outdoor activities: Sitting on the back deck looking out over the ocean or taking an evening walk on the sand are just a few of the activities you can choose from in a coastal community. From boating, to fishing, to kayaking and more, there’s always something to do when you’re by the coast.
- Active and healthy lifestyle: Few things feel more calming than a deep breath of salt air. Those living in coastal communities find it’s easy to have an active and healthy life because there’s plenty to do outside.
- Water views: Home values remain high where there are water views—and what’s more relaxing than waking up to a picturesque landscape out your back door?
- Wildlife watching: From pelicans to dolphins, turtles to crabs, it’s hard to go a day without witnessing wildlife when you’re living by the coast. For those who enjoy birdwatching or just casually encountering nature while going about daily activities, the coast can deliver constant excitement.
- Relaxing pace: There’s no rush on the coast. While you might not be on full island time, living by the sea often comes with a slower pace that lets residents live in the moment and truly take in their surroundings.
Ready to live by the seashore?
Below you’ll find coastal communities to discover and explore. Whether you’re a beach lover or seeking something slightly inland, these communities let you enjoy the best the coast has to offer while living a comfortable and active life.
When you find coastal communities you’re interested in, use the information request form to contact a local expert from the area. Through that form you can ask questions, find information on the destination, and get a feel for the lifestyle. The sky's the limit—you can even inquire about specifics like HOA fees, details about the amenities, or the prices of homes in the area.
If you’re looking for a certain location in particular, just use the filtering options on the left to narrow down your options and find the seaside spot that’s calling your name.
Research and Explore Coastal Communities
David Weekley Homes is proud to present Encore at Viridian, a 55+ lifestyle community in Arlington, Texas. In the heart of the bustling Dallas-Fort Worth metro area, Encore at Viridian offers you access to big city life, but the feel of a tight knit neighborhood. As part of the sprawling Viridian master-planned community, you’ll find everything you’re looking for here with Encore.
These distinguished one-story homes are situated on 45-foot homesites and feature bright, open-concept gathering spaces and expanded outdoor living areas for entertaining. Modern kitchens and bathrooms enhance your comfort, and floor plans ranging from 1,972 to 3,002 square feet ensure you have plenty of space to relax. Front yard care is included, so you’ll have more time to take advantage of everything the neighborhood has to offer.
Exclusive for Encore residents, the Magnolia Lifestyle Center has resort-style pools, a fitness center, and various courts so you can stay in shape. Find new hobbies and build friendships by joining one of the many full activities planned by our Lifestyle Director.
You’ll also have access to everything within the greater Viridian community, including sailing, dozens of parks and green spaces, miles of trails, and the Lake Club, with five distinct pools, a pavilion, and a small amphitheater. You can also escape to the Sanctuary of Viridian, which includes 850 acres of open space, lakes, and a 150-acre wooded conservation area.
You can enjoy festivals, sporting events, restaurants, entertainment, and shopping without ever leaving Arlington. The city is also home to a surprisingly robust bowling subculture and a Martha Stewart-approved holiday light show.
If you’re still not convinced, there is no state no income tax? There are limited opportunities remaining for a new home at Encore at Viridian, and we wouldn’t want you to miss out. Visit us and take the first step toward your new life.
Request more information below for David Weekley Homes’ Encore at Viridian.
Whether you’re retiring, working from home, or raising a family, Headwaters in the Hill Country of Texas is a destination to explore.
The HW Central recreational complex is the hub of healthy year-round activities at Headwaters. The community’s Lifestyle Director schedules interest-club meetings and coordinates special events, while neighbors can meet up anytime at The Hub coffee shop. HW Fit is the center’s unique fitness facility that features state-of-the-art cardio and strength-training equipment, plus group workout programs. Just outside is the split-level pool complex with a splash pad for the kids and trailheads for more than eight miles of scenic walking and biking paths.
Headwaters is being developed by industry leader Freehold Communities, which has put its upscale imprint on premier communities from Florida to California. For Headwaters, the company has assembled a roster of award-winning homebuilders like Ashton Woods, David Weekly, Taylor Morrison, and Newmark. The modern farmhouse-inspired residences are open floor plan designs with high ceilings, lots of windows, and large front porches.
In the nearby town of Dripping Springs, Headwaters residents can enjoy evenings in the historic downtown district, as well as convenient professional services, wineries, golf courses, and other lifestyle extras in the immediate area. Just 25 minutes away is the Texas state capitol of Austin with its famous live-music venues, fine-dining restaurants, hi-tech businesses, and all of the cultural amenities supported by the main campus of the University of Texas.
Request more information below about Headwaters and find your next destination on the frontier of luxury lifestyles.
David Weekley’s first 55+ active adult community is coming soon to the brand new, master-planned community of The Highlands! Located in Porter, TX, The Highlands is dedicated to everything you know and love about home and nature. The Highlands is a 2,300-acre exploration of natural beauty and will be built to take full advantage of its densely forested, national park-like setting. David Weekley’ section in The Highlands – Encore will feature 45- and 55-foot, single-story homesites along with top-quality construction, open-concept livability and a splendid Montgomery County location near shopping, dining and entertainment. In The Highlands, you’ll soon experience the best in Design, Choice and Service from one of Houston’s top home builders as well as a variety of amenities, including:
• Lifestyle Director to schedule activities
• 55+ clubhouse
• 18-hole golf course and tennis courts
• Hiking, biking and adventure trail system along the San Jacinto River
• Event lawn and pavilion, recreation field and playgrounds
• Acres of parks, greenspaces and onsite lakes for fishing and kayaking
• Waterpark with lazy river
Plan your visit
Imagining the sand between your toes? Below you’ll find coastal communities from Virginia to Florida and everywhere in between. After you’ve selected a few that catch your eye, plan your visit to get a real taste of the sea life. You’ll find many of these communities offer discovery tours so you can see the best of the area, meet some neighbors and understand the sunny coastal life that awaits.