Master-Planned and Gated Communities in Belize
When you’re starting to make plans for where you’ll live during this next chapter of your life, do you think about somewhere exotic? Do you think about Belize? The country’s charming Caribbean location makes it an ideal place to consider, especially when you think about the community options and all they have to offer for living your best life.
Why Consider a Belize Community?
If you’re looking for a retirement community with water views, Belize’s Ambergris Caye delivers with its stunning turquoise Caribbean scenes. Here, you can live a coastal lifestyle with exotic flair while resort amenities keep you comfortable and entertained. If you’re looking for a gated community, this Belize destination can give you the extra sense of security you want. If you enjoy staying active, specifically on the water, you can take advantage of a variety of water sports like kayaking, boating, and fishing—or just take a refreshing swim in the community’s pool. You can also choose different housing options to create the home you’ve always dreamed of. All of this and more can be available if you decide to move to Belize.
Ambergris Caye is a popular place for tourists and expats alike, not only because of its sheer beauty but for the multitude of things to do there.
- The Mesoamerican Reef is perfect for a snorkeling adventure, offering up-close looks at colorful fish, corals, and sponges.
- San Pedro is the island’s only town, but it offers up plenty of entertainment for when you’re not on the beach or in the water, including shopping, restaurants, and bars.
- Festivals and events are a regular thing here, one of the most notable being Lobster Fest. They are the perfect way to immerse yourself into the local scene.
- Active, healthy living is important here. You’ll find various health clubs and yoga studios, as well as health-conscious individuals, making it easy to keep physically fit and keep your quality of life high.
- History buffs will appreciate the island’s Mayan background. Mayan archaeological sites dot the country, waiting for you to explore.
Though the island is bustling with lots to do, it maintains a laid-back vibe for the easy-going, low-key lifestyle that so many retirees are looking for.
Living in Belize
The country itself is small, but it offers big things for those who live here. Aside from the beautiful scenery and amenity-rich community, there are other things to think about before fully committing to making this your ideal retirement destination.
- Since everything has to be transported in, the cost of living is higher on the island. However, the abundance of social activities, amenities, and luxuries help balance this out.
- If you’re over the age of 45, you’re able to apply for the Qualified Retirement Program (QPR). Simply put, it makes you eligible for tax benefits like exemptions on retirement income. Under the program, you’ll also be able to import personal goods, your car, or other vehicles duty-free.
- The sub-tropical climate ensures that winters are very mild and summers are hot, with comfortable temperatures throughout the remaining year. If this will be your permanent residence, be prepared for the tropical storm and hurricane season, which generally falls between June to November, with harsher weather from August through October.
Research and Explore the Best Communities in Belize
Click to explore the following Belize communities. Request information from multiple communities by selecting the checkboxes to the right and completing the form below.
Belize is as romantic and charming as it sounds. And, Ambergris Caye, is indeed the cream of the crop. The island is considered the #1 tourist and retirement destination in Belize and is one of the top retirement destinations in all of the Caribbean and Central America .
While Belize feels like that dreamy place you could never actually live, buying in Belize has never been more affordable, or more accessible.
The land title system in Belize is very similar to that of the UK, USA or Canada. There are no restrictions on foreign land ownership, and
there are plenty of English speaking lawyers ready to help you with your property purchase.
There is no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax, and property taxes are a fraction of what they are in Canada or USA.
Asset protection through creation of IBC (International Business Company) is very similar to the British Virgin Islands or The Bahamas. You may open an offshore bank account effectively protecting your assets from Tax Authorities and litigation.
And, Belize has an excellent retiree program. Under Belize’s Qualified Retired Persons program, buyers over 45 are eligible for tax benefits, including exemptions on retirement income. When moving to Belize, qualified retirees can import motor vehicles, boats, aircraft, and personal effects, duty free. For details visit www.belizeretirement.org or call 1 (832) 848-2812.
Living in Belize
In Belize, you get the ideal living in a tropical locale. And who knows, maybe an entirely different setting is just what you need for the next chapter in your life. Find out more about Belize community options today.