Explore the Nation’s Best Active Adult Communities
You’re not a sit-around type—so why let your environment keep you that way? When you move to an active adult community, you’re signing yourself up for a lifestyle of fun and adventure—at the pace you’re looking for. Read on for more on the active adult communities there are across the country.
Why choose an active adult community?
Experiencing the best out of life is important to you, so why live anywhere but a place filled with adventure? When you choose to live in an active adult community, you’re opting into a full life. Hobbies you love, people to enjoy it with, and an environment that keeps up with the pace of life you want—what’s not to love? Below are some of the reasons
What are the benefits of living in an active adult community?
There are plenty of reasons people choose to live in an active adult community. For many, it’s the healthy lifestyle that draws you in, but often it’s the sense of community that makes you stay. Learn more about the benefits of an active adult community below.
From game night to tasty meals, top-line health care to home cleaning services, there are so many reasons people opt to stay in a senior living community. Read on to learn the benefits that people find when they choose this lifestyle. Then consider if it might suit you, too.
- Activities, activities, activities: No matter the time of day, you’ll never be bored in an active adult community. Whether you’re in the pool doing water aerobics, taking the boat out for a ride, sailing on the sound, or playing tennis in the sunshine, you’re surrounded with activities that keep you moving—just how you like it.
- Sense of community: There’s always a friend around the corner when you’re in a senior living community. Whether you’re looking to grab a morning cup of coffee or take a stroll with a neighbor, many find that friendships blossom in senior living communities.
- Accessibility: You’ll find buildings and amenities designed for easy accessibility: well-paved sidewalks, wheelchair access, and plenty of lighting that make everyday activities feel safe and comfortable.
- Privacy: Don’t worry about loud noises, heavy traffic, or crowds. Senior living communities are designed for peace, privacy, and serenity.
- Activities: Whether you’re a chess fan or a pickleball pro, you’ll often find that senior living communities have organized clubs for any sort of hobby you love to take part in.
Ready to embrace the active adult lifestyle?
Don’t wait to get active! There are plenty of active adult communities you can choose from across the U.S. Take your time exploring the options below. You might opt for somewhere with a warm climate near the coast, or maybe you’ll pick somewhere close to family and friends elsewhere. It’s up to you to pick your ideal spot to get active!
Browse the options below, and once you see and use the information request form to contact a local representative from each. You can ask questions about the community, chat with someone living there, and get a feel for the activities you can do there.
If you’re seeking a certain location or activity, try using the filtering options on the left to narrow down your options and find the active adult community that suits your lifestyle.
Research and Explore the Best Active Adult Communities
Click to explore the following active adult communities. Request information from multiple communities by selecting the checkboxes to the right and completing the form below.
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Plan your visit
It’s time to get out there. Review the active adult communities below to see what your options are. Don’t let the list overwhelm you—once you’ve selected some communities that look appealing, plan your visit as the next step! You can chat with neighbors, tour the area, and get a feel for the active lifestyle that awaits you.