Explore the Nation’s Best Waterfront Communities
Oceans, rivers, lakes...oh my! From the Great Smoky Mountains to the Blue Ridge Mountains, the white-sandy beaches of Florida to the shady creeks of South Carolina, this country is filled with waterfront locations to explore. Read on to learn about waterfront communities, their benefits, and how to start your search for a life by the water.
Why choose a waterfront community?
Stick your toes in the sand by the beach, or relax in an Adirondack by the lake. Take your canoe out for a morning paddle, or simply watch the tides come and go for a lazy afternoon. The waterfront has endless opportunity for those who love nature and a healthy lifestyle.
What are the benefits of living in a waterfront community?
Life on the water comes with plenty of benefits, including outdoor activities, great views, and a healthy lifestyle. But those living on the waterfront will tell you there’s even more to love. Read on for the benefits of living in a waterfront community.
- Water views: Waking up to an ocean, inlet, or river view is never a bad way to start the day. Plus, waterfront homes tend to keep—and increase—their value.
- Healthy and active lifestyle: Take the boat for a spin, go fishing, go for a paddle...the options are endless when you’re by the water. All you have to decide is: what to do first?
- Temperate climate: Summers tend to get a breeze and winters often stay a little warmer when you’re on the waterfront.
- Sense of community: Ever wonder why boaters wave to each other? There’s just something about the water activities that brings people together. In waterfront areas you’re likely to find a strong sense of community.
- Nature out your front door: When you’re on the waterfront, you can encounter birds, sealife, and all sorts of plants on a simple afternoon walk. For those who live to spot plant species or listen for bird calls, the waterfront is the place to be.
Ready to get to the waterfront?
Put on your sandals and bring a towel. The water is waiting for you! There are plenty of waterfront communities to explore across the U.S. Take your time exploring the options below. From the dunes of North Carolina to Georgia’s coastal lagoons to islands in the Caribbean, there’s plenty of waterfront property out there. All you need to do is choose the combination that’s right for you.
When you see a few options that pique your interest, use the information request form to contact a local expert in each community. You can ask questions, find information on the destination, and get a feel for the lifestyle. You can even inquire about specifics like HOA fees, the neighborhood social scene, or the home prices.
To search efficiently, try using the filtering options on the left to narrow down your options and find the destination you love.
Research and Explore the Best Waterfront Communities
Click to explore the following waterfront communities. Request information from multiple communities by selecting the checkboxes to the right and completing the form below.
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Plan your visit
Below you can explore waterfront communities from lakes to oceans to rivers and more. After you’ve selected a few areas that catch your eye, plan your visit to several so that you can take the next step towards your ideal life. You’ll find many of these waterfront communities offer discovery tours so you can get a taste of the neighborhood, lifestyle, and beyond.